DSM 7.2 is logging me in automatically???

Currently reading
DSM 7.2 is logging me in automatically???

NAS
DS718+
Last edited:
SInce, I guess upgrade to DSM 7.2, I have strange behaviour with my DSM admin pages. In any (chrome/ium) browser (Chrome, Brave, Edge) I get the same behaviour. I log in the normal way, including 2FA, for the first time in the specific browser. I do NOT check remember me or trust this device.

When I close the browser and later open the browser again (even after a reboot of the PC) and go to the DSM admin page again. I get the login page. Then if I e.g. switch to a different browser tab and then switch back to the DSM tab, or simply do a page refresh, it will automatically log me in.....???

I am running 7.2-64570 Update 3, with following fix: Fixed an issue where Synology Account might not be properly signed out.
But apparently it's not fixed properly :(

How is this possible??? This is really scary and should NOT happen.

Clearing all browser history does prevent the auto re-login. However, if I don't check any remember/trust me boxes this should NOT happen.

That's because you're not logging out when you close the browser window, your session is maintained.

Instead of just closing the tab/window when you're leaving DSM, click User (top right) then Sign Out. Then restart the browser and go back to DSM. What happens now?

Upvote 0
That's very unusual behaviour, and it never behaved like that in the past. If I do not check the remember me/trust device check boxes, sessions must be killed when you exit a browser. That's basic common security practice.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.