DSM 7 - how move 3 (system?) Apps from Vol2 to Vol1

Currently reading
DSM 7 - how move 3 (system?) Apps from Vol2 to Vol1

NAS
DS1019+
Hi. I've recently run the DSM 7 upgrade from DSM 6.2. Despite the Package Centre/Settings/Default Volume being set to "Always ask me" the upgrade put 3 Apps on my Volume 2. I keep Vol1 for data and Vol2 for Archives and Backups only. The 3 Apps are: node.js v12, Synology Application Server, and Synology Photos. (Inter-dependencies in that order.)

- Can I safely Uninistall these (in the reverse order) and then re-install them on Volume 1 (in the forward order)?
- Will DSM 7 let me?
- Would it create any issues?

I've taken a HyperBackup on Volume 1 (system+Apps+data) and of Volume 2 (data Shares only) for (hopefully) safety.

Thanks in advance for your interest and assistance...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Thanks Rusty. I tried wiping and replacing the 4TB drive in the 4th bay and results are the same. I'm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You are absolutely right, it was a new installation, and after it, I restored the shared directories from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah that's the issue. Because we are on an old version of the OS we have no way to back it up without...
Replies
Views
This is going to be complicated in the long run. Once you update to v6, there are a series of updates to...
Replies
Views
I've not seen this, but have never used the mobile app... only PC apps.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any chance the NAS is being blocked in traffic control of router? The screenshots you posted are the Same...
Replies
Views
Thanks @BobW ... NFS worked a treat once it was activated and connected via file station ... all good now
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back