1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Has anyone seen information about using a DSM 6 NAS as a destination 'Synology' target for a DSM 7 NAS's Hyper Backup?

My DS215j NAS is running DSM 7 beta. It's only real function is as a Mac Time Machine server but I am testing bits and pieces too. I thought I may as well backup it up even though it's a small job to rebuild and I'm ambivalent to Time Machine's usefulness.

1617961536354.png

My destination is the DS218+ running DSM 6 and wanted to use 'Synology > Remote NAS device' as the destination type. Once selected it needs to be logged in to then select the target Shared Folder. But clicking the Login button doesn't work: the cursor spins but no login prompt. However, this task type works from the DS1520+ (DSM 6) to DS218+ (DSM 6).

Starting again and using 'File Server > rsync' from the DS215j (DSM 7) to DS218+ (DSM 6) now works and the back is now progressing.

The only real issue here is that Hyper Backup Vault on the DS218+ doesn't know about the rsync task. Maybe there is some issue with HBV not recognising DSM 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back