blackvoid DSM 7 internal preview has begun!!

Currently reading
blackvoid DSM 7 internal preview has begun!!

DSM 7 internal preview has begun!!

The last time I wrote about DSM 7 was back in May, regarding some upcoming feature in the Synology NAS OS version. Then again a short July update in this article about some inside information that we might get the preview version in September 2020. Well, looks like this is still on track, considering that today I got some info that internal preview tests just started!

Continue reading...

Well I have had a nightmare trying to get mine to install on VMM. Maybe I am doing something wrong so if anyone can lend a hand with some advice that would be much appreciated.

I have a DS218+, I log into the preview site and it recognises my version and offers me to download.

I download this file and then go into my NAS and open up VMM, I go to image and then select DSM image, after then searching for the file I get one of 2 scenarios which I have provided images of.

First is that it doesn't like the name due to characters... I believe its the '+' they automatically add in the download maybe causing issue so I remove this and then get the next error.

Any thoughts.. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

Much appreciated :)

error1.1nas.png
error1.2nas.png

Rich

It looks like you downloaded DSM 7 for your DS18+, but when selecting the download you should search for and select the ‘proper’ Virtual DSM 7 version.

It looks like you downloaded DSM 7 for your DS18+, but when selecting the download you should search for and select the ‘proper’ Virtual DSM 7 version.

That was exactly it! Thanks for that, such a noob mistake lol but I am a noob with this stuff. :)

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know if there is a way to test/sync Synology Photos from mobile/tablet yet or is there a specific app that we cant access for this yet?

UPDATE: I think I found out how to do it, Install TestFlight >> log into preview account on phone >> select the virtual dsm >> scroll down to photos app >> select IOS and then open in test flight... This seems to join it for anyone that didn't know. not that many of you techs probably didn't already know this :)

Anyone happen to know if there is a way to test/sync Synology Photos from mobile/tablet yet or is there a specific app that we cant access for this yet?
On the bottom of the download page you will find links to Test Flight version of mobile apps, Photos included. Give it a go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.