Info DSM 7 is finally here!

Currently reading
Info DSM 7 is finally here!

When are you going to upgrade to DSM7?

• Right away

• Wait a few more updates (i.e. bugs to be fixed)

• I'll stick with 6.2

• I can't upgrade to DSM7 (not supported)

• Waiting for XS-FS DSM version

• Not sure, I'll read a bit more about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
DSM 7 is finally here!

Five years ago on March 22, 2016, Synology announced the release of their DSM 6 OS. Since then a lot has changed and DSM, along with its apps and services, has evolved as well. Currently, in version 6.2 it is finally time for a brand new milestone in Synology history, here is DSM 7.

Today, June 23, 2021, Synology has officially announced the release of its latest DSM 7 version on June 29, 2021. After more than 5 years of waiting and over 7 months of public testing (in a closed preview as well as a public beta, and release candidate), we finally have the latest Synology DSM 7 rollout, one month after the release candidate version came out.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I was opening a thread with this news asking if it was fake 😂😂😂 you beat me on the time.
Anyway finally the last release!!

I was opening a thread with this news asking if it was fake 😂😂😂 you beated me on the time.
Anyway finally the last release!!
I was sitting on this info for a week but was not allowed to share it. Official news is coming at 4 PM local Taiwan time (11 AM CEST).

Nice write up!

If I had to make one small correction…

Offering the best of both no worlds, Photos should probably won’t be the answer to all your photo management needs. Including selective sharing, virtual albums, shared spaces, and more.

🤪

I was getting in early. TBH anything that gets me to save photos and videos is welcome. The map view used to be nice but went with Moments, and Moments is what I've mostly used. If some of the tagging is different then I won't miss our cat being tagged as a dog anymore.

I'm feeling inclined to upgrade main spare NAS when the final installer becomes available.

No. Don't allow that. It'll confuse the AI even more. At least stick around until DSM 8. By that time they might figure out how to program the AI to recognize that the cat is not a dog and that you're replaced by the dog and that the dog is no longer the cat.
I see you're making one huge assumption: I don't look like a dog.

I thank you! Truly, I can't say how much this has touched me :LOL:

You've downloaded and installed DSM 7 final release? I'm still seeing links to RC :unsure:
No I haven't. DSM 7 will come out 29th. Still, I wont be on 7 until later this year. XS models and all that. Those installs are coming in Q4.

My DS models will be updated before that but only after 3rd party support has been confirmed that it is working as it should.

installed it!
everything working as it should so far...
the only third party app I am using so far is PLEX and it working without a glitch

very happy with the update process
(domain, certificate, reverse proxy etc. transferred 1 to 1)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.