Info DSM 7 is finally here!

Currently reading
Info DSM 7 is finally here!

When are you going to upgrade to DSM7?

• Right away

• Wait a few more updates (i.e. bugs to be fixed)

• I'll stick with 6.2

• I can't upgrade to DSM7 (not supported)

• Waiting for XS-FS DSM version

• Not sure, I'll read a bit more about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
After the 6.2.4 weirdness I as well will wait a bit before applying to my "production" NAS. I have been running the RC on my 1815+ and other than expected issues early on with 3rd party applications it installed fine. I do like built in 2FA and it does seem this release has other solid enhancements.

Installed what exactly?
Did you hack Synology? The official release is unavailable to commoners like me.
Skimming fast through the first post i thought DSM7 final release was out!

As you can see there is no reference to the screenshot bellow that this is a RC...

001.png

Luckily in my work case scenario as stated in my previous post everything works like it should and nothing looks half baked, + the installation process was a breeze.

No harm no foul done in my case,
lesson learned, READ MORE CAREFULLY NEXT TIME !!! LOL :)

002.png

Fortunately, my primary rig failed the Win11 compatibility check. Looks like Manjaro may be my future.
Well, you could jump on Manjaro ... Or, check if your PC supports: UEFI, Secure Boot and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Which is on the list of Minimum system requirements for Win11.

I'd just like to say... NOPE!
"Or, check if your PC supports: UEFI, Secure Boot and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0."
None of it is necessary. Just use Windows 10 to install Windows 11.
Extract the version of Win11 you want to install and then drop it into a Windows 10 ISO, then run setup and you're good to go as it does none of the checks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.