Info DSM 7 is finally here!

Currently reading
Info DSM 7 is finally here!

When are you going to upgrade to DSM7?

• Right away

• Wait a few more updates (i.e. bugs to be fixed)

• I'll stick with 6.2

• I can't upgrade to DSM7 (not supported)

• Waiting for XS-FS DSM version

• Not sure, I'll read a bit more about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
That C2 password service looks great and very bitwarden like, so I guess maybe a bitwarden fork?
Do I understand this is free? For 1 or multiple accounts?

Still I think I will keep using vaultwarden on my Docker instead of having my passwords in the cloud.

That C2 password service looks great and very bitwarden like, so I guess maybe a bitwarden fork?
Do I understand this is free?
Correct. It is free.

For 1 or multiple accounts?
Unknown atm. I am waiting for public (or invite) access atm, so still haven't had a chance to test it.

C2 Transfer is basically BW Send feature, but commercial in Syno case.

Still I think I will keep using vaultwarden on my Docker instead of having my passwords in the cloud.
amen to that.

vDSM will get updated to the final 7.0 as will the backup, backup NAS. The other two will likely be a tentative wait.
Well that 'kid in the candy store' inside me didn't want to wait to update the DS218+. It's going on now and will be more interesting as it's still running the setup that I migrated to the DS1520+. While there're usually no connections to the DS218+ packages, except as HB destination, it will be more realistic as a testbed.

@Telos yeah but the DS1520+ definitely isn't getting done for a while. I'm treating it like I have the Macs: do it when there's a more justifiable reason than GUI.

I had considered putting 7 RC on the 218+ and it's main job (HB destination) is working reliably on the already upgraded 215j. So very low risk for my scenario.

I cant load DSM 7 on my DS218+. The DS218+ is shown as compatible of Synology's compatibility pages. I am running the lastest 6.2 version. I get the message "The model of the update is incompatible with the system model". Does this mean I have the wrong update file - DSM_218+_41890.pat?

I cant load DSM 7 on my DS218+. The DS218+ is shown as compatible of Synology's compatibility pages. I am running the lastest 6.2 version. I get the message "The model of the update is incompatible with the system model". Does this mean I have the wrong update file - DSM_218+_41890.pat?
That should be the update file. Maybe open a ticket with Syno and see what they will respond back on the matter.

For all the bluster of "I'll wait for 7.1" and "no need to jump right now" there's certainly a lot early adopters around here :D
I know, I'm weak... 😞

But! Everything was backed up before upgrading. And to be honest, I really wanted to start using Photos. I already played with it on vDSM and for me, it was enough. Used to Moments, Photos are only better and faster, especially the mobile app.

And, I'll wait with 720+, I run Plex server there (as already mentioned) and Docker services...

For all the bluster of "I'll wait for 7.1" and "no need to jump right now" there's certainly a lot early adopters around here :D
I used to be an eager early adopter, but somewhere along the way got burned one time too many.

That said, I only have one unit, it is doing its job well, and there is nothing compelling to me in v7. Of course, I do have v7 running as VDSM and that has scratched the itch :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.