Currently reading
DSM 7 - Itunes/Itunes Server

NAS
DS1815+, DS1819+, DS1522+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I upgraded my production 1819+ to DSM 7 over the Thanksgiving break. For the most part, all went well but I am noticing now that within Itunes (still relevant within the Windows world....) that although I can select the 1819+ in the upper left tab, a wheel spins briefly (normal) as it tries to load up content, but now it will not do so. Want to think it is an SMB issue, or maby ntlm (I did have to renable that after upgrading to DSM 7) but I cannot be sure. Itunes doesn't have any log to review and I see no logs generated in DSM log center. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling Itunes, no luck. Any ideas?

There was a problem with DSM 6's iTunes Server and Mac's move to separate Music app. Think it was something to do with an old version of the open source software that Synology never updated in DSM 6 but said they did in DSM 7.

Just tried Mac Catalina's Music app in with DSM 7 iTune Server and it works. Though there is no album artwork. This library is an exact copy of the same files used on this Mac's Music library.

I think an iTunes server is a service that's using DAAP protocol, not SMB or whatever.

yep, I recall this issue, documented on a thread within the community. All I know at this point is that it was working before the upgrade to DSM 7, I've looked at all of the protocol settings and doing see anything obvious. I did have to re-enable NTLM to regain Windows explorer connectivity....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.