Question DSM 7 likes/dislikes?

Currently reading
Question DSM 7 likes/dislikes?

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
For those who are reviewing DSM 7. What’s your favorite new feature/improvement and what would you consider an uncalled-for annoyance?

NAS
Ds918+, DS718
Router
RT2600ac
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
Android
I dislike the login screen. I use Bitwarden to fill in my username and password.
The username and password are on 2 separate screens. So i need click twice on my bitwarden icoon :)

NAS
Ds918+, DS718
Router
RT2600ac
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
Android
Icon 😀
Racoon files like flying

Oh wait wrong topic

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DSM 7.0.1-14401
Painstakingly boring. I don't see any new features or abilities that will change/enhance my experience from 6.2. Since it's a "preview" you can never really be sure if additional features will be added in, but for the most part, it's the same old, same old.

Due to the preview TOS, I can't offer anything other than vague generalities... That said... the much-touted "Photos" is a complete disappointment. Maybe it will run smoother with less CPU/RAM under the hood, but some features from Moments were dropped. I'll be staying with Photo Station if that will be possible. My skeptical take is that Synology is doing away with those Moments aspects that are buggy and too bothersome to recode.

I'm seeing/expecting very little change/improvement in contacts, calendaring, and docker short-comings... Still, RC is well off in the future, so maybe Santa will bring us all nice treats... but I'm not counting on it.

Perhaps our resident optimist will paint a happier face than I'm feeling right now. :sneaky:

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
HybridShare, Active Insight, Active Backup for Macs (in the future), Secure Signin (if they tweak it a bit), there are things there... all around a good upgrade imho. It will get even better.

NAS
2x DS920+
Router
RT2600ac, MR2200ac
Operating system
Linux, macOS, Windows, other
Mobile operating system
iOS
I'm curious to see if a newer QEMU/KVM version lies under the hood of Virtual Machine Manager. I'll take VirtualDSM for a spin this weekend when I have some free time.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!