1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Today my last DSM 6 NAS started to alert that the upgrade to DSM 7 is available: the upgrade can be initiated from within Control Panel. Once downloaded it then offers an Upgrade button.
1628067645578.png

Prior to this to upgrade required the installer to be downloaded from Synology's Download Center and then perform a manual update of DSM.

Last edited:
My 2 NAS's with 6.2.3 on them are working fine...I couldn't be happier!
My 1 NAS (215J) with 6.2.4 has had nothing but issues, forcing me to reduce overall workload to get existing things that needed to work smoothly, to work, and now recently: an issue with Latest DS CAM and 6.2.4.... (Support says they saw DS CAM issue in 7 Beta, but never checked 6.2.4)!

Still, even though based on my multiple 6.2.4 issues, I might consider installing 7 on the 6.2.4 NAS, BUT: it's 850 miles away from me physically, with no local support, so I'm not yet comfortable considering upgrade on that one...
I just checked Update status on 215J: No, it still says I'm on most recent DSM with 6.2.4.
And since the 2 on 6.2.3 are working SO GOOD, I'd be willing to wait for 7 to become more mature before attempting that!

Today my last DSM 6 NAS started to alert that the upgrade to DSM 7 is available: the upgrade can be initiated from within Control Panel. Once downloaded it then offers an Upgrade button.
View attachment 4167

Prior to this to upgrade required the installer to be downloaded from Synology's Download Center and then perform a manual update of DSM.
I would love to know what aspects of DSM 7 will give me a better user experience? As a photographer, all I could see is a major step BACKWARDS in Photos under DSM 7 compared to DSM 6.

I would love to know what aspects of DSM 7 will give me a better user experience? As a photographer, all I could see is a major step BACKWARDS in Photos under DSM 7 compared to DSM 6.
Plenty of discussion about DSM 7 and Photos.

Pulled a trigger on my prod unit yesterday as Syno pushed this update. 30 mins from submit to wings level. VMM needed manual 'repair' which took less than minute. No problem with docker and Plex (migrated by Chuck's guide).

Plenty of discussion about DSM 7 and Photos.
Yeah, none of which positive re DSM 7!

Pulled a trigger on my prod unit yesterday as Syno pushed this update. 30 mins from submit to wings level. VMM needed manual 'repair' which took less than minute. No problem with docker and Plex (migrated by Chuck's guide).
OT I know, but any link to the Plex migration guide mentioned here I can't find it via search....

Here you go:

OT I know, but any link to the Plex migration guide mentioned here I can't find it via search....

View attachment 4167

I got that notification too, about two weeks ago. But I decided to wait a bit. Now the DSM7 notification no longer appears and my DS213j is telling me my DSM is up-to-date (same version as yours).

Some say that models older than the -15 series will not receive update notifications for DSM7 and that these older models will have to be updated manually. I am not a fan of that, to be honest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.