3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Reading the beta release notes I noticed this:
7. The following DDNS providers are removed from the service provider list at Control Panel > External Access > DDNS:
CloudNS, DNO-O-Matic, DNSEXIT, Dynamic DO!.jp, Joker.com, RU-CENTER, TwoDNS.de, Variomedia, Zoneedit.com

I use OpenDNS's (Cisco) DNS-O-Matic to update Namecheap domains and OpenDNS. Actually I do this on the SRM router but I like to have the option of doing this with the NAS. I've tested adding a custom DDNS service in DSM 7.

Looking at DNS-O-Matic's API documentation it suggests this would be the query URL:

https://__USERNAME__:[email protected]/nic/update?hostname=__HOSTNAME__&myip=__MYIP__&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=NOCHG&backmx=NOCHG

But in testing this failed. I wondered if DSM may add the username and password if I removed them from the query and that proved successful. This query URL works:

https://updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?hostname=__HOSTNAME__&myip=__MYIP__&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=NOCHG&backmx=NOCHG

When using the custom service use hostname 'all.dnsomatic.com' to update all services in your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.