DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Any news, rumors etc. in this thread, please.

First one:

Whenever it arrives, I won't be running the beta!

I made that mistake once and that was enough.
Indeed... VMM or DDSM test 1st for betas, then 1st week of release on a non production NAS and then on all the rest

Well, I think it's safe to say that dsm7 will not be coming out this year...

I'm curious to know what you're basing that assumption on? I saw someone else posted that it was delayed for a year. But I haven't been able to find anything published or official about any delays. Although I think we can all obviously tell its somewhat delayed, as I think we all expected Beta's to be rolling by now.

Hmm, I guess I don't understand why a delay means they need to skip an entire year. Would having a Beta start in May/June and final release out before the end of the year be that unusual? I guess I can say I never really paid attention to time of the year for new releases.

Would having a Beta start in May/June and final release out before the end of the year be that unusual?
Probably not, but there is a pattern for major release dates. They do tend to skip a year. My guess is 6.3 at best by the end of the year and beta 1 for v7.

Am I remembering it wrong, but weren't some of the newer packages available for late versions of DSM 5? Meaning that DSM may provide underpinnings for some packages but the evolution of features isn't necessarily tied to DSM releases.

Plus, other than file sharing, most major functions are provided by packages.

[As time goes by it seems things are changing quickly ... and DSM 6 doesn't seem that old to me :(]

Status
Not open for further replies.