Currently reading
DSM 7.1 DSM automatic logout timer - not working

NAS
DS224+, RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Under security I have the DSM automatic logout timer set to 15 minutes on two NAS'. I have just noticed that this is no longer working, where it did once work in the past. I can't remember which version this last worked on (DSM 6 or 7.0) but it would timeout the browser session and prompt to re-login. Can anyone else test/confirm if this works or doesn't work in their setup?

1663972321560.png

1663972383145.png

@fredbert since this is working for you, can you confirm if your NAS has synology drive on it?

Found this thread about a year or so ago where Synology stated it’s due to drive.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upvote 0
Looking to spin this topic back up. When I first got the nas log out timer worked, probably dsm 6 days. Eventually things got more involved, more packages installed and such and updates to dsm 7, I had noticed that the dsm web page was not logging out even though I have a 15 minute timer.

I had searched and came across a Reddit post that claimed drive was the culprit of preventing the logout, but others had stated they had drive installed and had no issue with auto log out.

Therefore I’d like to keep diving as to what maybe the culprit.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.