DSM update hosed my IDrive app, can't login

Currently reading
DSM update hosed my IDrive app, can't login

Received a notification of the iDrive package that can be updated, not going to pull the trigger yet. And it been 2 weeks since iDrive lost all my files, and still hasn't been able to recover them.

1672834383735.png

Received a notification of the iDrive package that can be updated, not going to pull the trigger yet. And it been 2 weeks since iDrive lost all my files, and still hasn't been able to recover them.

View attachment 11735

I updated to the latest version & started to get 'Invalid Synology user name or password errors'

I edited the 'function readNasUserConf()' in path.php - adding the '$nasURL = "http://127.0.0.1:5000/";' code as previously mentioned and now I can log in again :)

Hope this helps
BB

Thanks, I am still holding off until they can recover all my files. iDrive in December put my account in maintenance and now said that it's a hardware fault in one of their centers. I had to suspend backups due to it wanting to write TB's of data again. They said sometime this month my files will be back. I am glad I have backup diversity, I would never rely on these guys in a emergency.

Thanks, I am still holding off until they can recover all my files. iDrive in December put my account in maintenance and now said that it's a hardware fault in one of their centers. I had to suspend backups due to it wanting to write TB's of data again. They said sometime this month my files will be back. I am glad I have backup diversity, I would never rely on these guys in a emergency.

I'm a great believer in backup diversity across multiple platforms - that's what 40 years of working in IT does to you!

Hope you get it sorted 👍

I updated to the latest version & started to get 'Invalid Synology user name or password errors'

I edited the 'function readNasUserConf()' in path.php - adding the '$nasURL = "http://127.0.0.1:5000/";' code as previously mentioned and now I can log in again :)

Hope this helps
BB

Where in the path.php file did you add this? I've tried adding it at line 1501 as previously described and that hasn't fixed it.
Attempting to log in with a username in the admin group.

Running the most updated DSM and iDrive version.

Where in the path.php file did you add this? I've tried adding it at line 1501 as previously described and that hasn't fixed it.
Attempting to log in with a username in the admin group.

Running the most updated DSM and iDrive version.

Sorry for the late reply -

You need to look for code like this - the line numbers might be slightly different after an update:

1494 } else {
1495 $ip = getSynologyNASIP();
1496 if($ip == '') {
1497 $ip = '127.0.0.1';
1498 }
1500 $nasURL = $protocol . "://{$ip}" . $contact_port . "/";
1501 $nasURL = "http://127.0.0.1:5000/";
1502 }
1503 }
1504 else if($machine == ASUSTOR){
1505 $asusConfig = ASUSTOR_INFOCONF;
1506 $contents = file($asusConfig);
1507 $i=0;

BB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.