DSM Update DSM Version: 6.2.2-24922-5

Currently reading
DSM Update DSM Version: 6.2.2-24922-5

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS212, RS816, RS819, DS223, DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
Fixed Issues

1. Enhanced the compatibility of M.2 NVMe SSD devices
------
(It seems odd to me that Synology would issue a "critical update" just for this very limited purpose.)

I have run it for a week or two and got some problems with doubled memoryload, i raised a ticket and here are the outcome :)

///
After update to "DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 5" the memoryload rised from 12 to 29% and it´s the service "Synoelasticd" that allocate 1,07 GB of memory (see added picture), there have to be something wrong here..., it´s not possible to stop Universal search either in package center, the option in the drop down menu is only "Opend and Autouppdate"...

2020-01-17 11:19:09
----------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Synology.

Is universal search performing any indexing currently via DSM >> Universal Search >> Settings >> File Indexing?

Example Area:

If it's not can the NAS unit be restarted and do you still experience the higher CPU usage?

Best Regards,
Mike

Technical Support

2020-01-17 12:04:39

Hi and thx for your reply...

I have done a index database integrity check and no problems there, i also restarted my NAS with no changes, and it´s not the CPU load thats the problem, CPU seams to be at a normal load, it´s the memory load that seams to be something wrong with after the DSM update, it went from around 12 % usage to 29% and have stayed there since, and as you can se in the added picture it´s SYNOELASTICD that allocate 1,07GB memory, thats the problem, and that i cant shut it down in a proper way as i wrote in my first message...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have now escalated this support case to our Head Office, so that our developers may investigate further.

Please be aware that our developers are located in Taiwan (GMT+8). As such, their working hours are different due to their time zone. When they have had an opportunity to examine your system further and provided me with an update, I will pass the details on to you.

It may also be the case that to improve the efficiency of communication between support engineers and developers, that this ticket is taken over by our Head Office directly.

Please ensure that your Synology device remains powered on and connected to your network, with remote access enabled until we can come to a resolution on this case.

Best Regards,
Mike

Eileen Z. 2020-01-21 07:09:47

Thank you for contacting Synology support. This is technical support from HQ and I will assist you further on this ticket. I have passed this problem to our development team to check further. If it's necessary, we will enable the SSH service temporarily for debugging purposes. Once we target the root cause we will disable it immediately. We will not disclose/access any of your private data. If there is any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely, Technical Support Eileen Zeng

Thank you for your patience. After confirming by our development team, the unit seems to be rebooted and we didn't see the synoelasticd process occupies 1.07GB RAM. We also checked logs, there were no abnormal. The current memory usage is about 500-600 MB after searching, this is expected in the current version. The current design of Universal Search, it would not release the unnecessary RAM immediately. It would keep parts of the RAM in order to speed up the operation after that. This behavior will be changed in the next version and the RAM usage will not keep high. Please kindly stay tuned for the update. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Hope this help. Best regards, Technical Support Eileen Zeng Hours of operation: 9AM-6PM, Monday-Friday, GMT+8 (E-mail & LiveChat support )

Well now you know, my system is now at normal values and running just fine :)
And i think they took it serious and did a good and fast response, im satisfied with that :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.