DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25423 Released

Currently reading
DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25423 Released

So far did not get any DSM update notification for my DS916+ and DS918+.

OTH, I did get one for the DNS Server telling me that it is only compatible with DSM 6.2.3. I can update right away, though I did not try it.

2020-04-17_142237.jpg

I assumed that I will get only packaged update for compatible DSM versions and now it's a bit different.

Should I risk updating the package?

So far did not get any DSM update notification for my DS916+ and DS918+.

OTH, I did get one for the DNS Server telling me that it is only compatible with DSM 6.2.3. I can update right away, though I did not try it.

View attachment 1284
I assumed that I will get only packaged update for compatible DSM versions and now it's a bit different.

Should I risk updating the package?
Same here, I updated mine already no problems so far with DNS Server;)

Patch is not working for me.

Installed x86_64 version manually on my DS218+, started and logged into PhotoStation on my computer/browser.

Started mobile app, cleared data on it, tried to log in using HTTPS port, with and without HTTPS checkbox, error:

"Login failed, Please check if the IP address is correct, or check if PHoto Station has been installed successfully."

Restarted NAS, same result. Login works fine from all other DS apps and Moments using the same IP:https port.

This patch working for anyone who's tried it? Looks like a fail for me so far.

Last edited:
Recent anecdotes following 6.2.3...

"I receive a "Certificate Mismatch" on my mobile device when using Moments, My Drive, and DS Finder."

"WebDAV Server unreachable from outside after the update... Port scan of the port 5006 which I use fot HTTPS WebDAV returns time out."

Now, don't you wish you were an "early adopter"?

Yup, lots going on. :) Only issue (and not really an issue as I don't use it) is DS Photos mobile app, Moments and all other services are working fine for me.

According to my problem with volume insufficient space (described few posts above), just to inform you all - and may be ask for helo here (if anyone is able to help me):
I raised a ticket to Synology support and send them my debug file and they told me, that the problem is with system volume which is (and maybe also database) probably corrupted because of 3rd party package(s) installed and it cannot be repaired remotely, so I should do a DSM reset and reinstall the DSM. But I don't believe that 3rd party packages could corrupt my DSM, atleast I did not install any 3rd party package as far as I remember between last DSM update and now. They also did not specify exactly which 3rd party software (package) caused the problem... Is here anyone who could help with this? I would rather try to repair it somehow before I will go to reset my DSM and reinstall it, reconfigure everything etc... But I really don't know, how to fix it.

Well how can you be sure? What 3rd party apps do you have installed?
Well, the only package I installed after previous DSM update (which I was able to install without problems) was the Odoo 8. But this is one of packages listed by Synology in their official packages list, so by my opinion this shoud be meant as 3rd party. After beind not possible to instald the DSM 6.2.3, I uninstalled Odoo, but the problem still remains.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.