DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25423 Released

Currently reading
DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25423 Released

I've only had my NAS for just over 2 weeks
Know this...
  • There is no supported rollback process. Although there are documented processes, it's basically YOYO.
  • No Synology package offers a complete "bare metal" restore. The backup apps are primarily for personal files, with support for certain (not all) Synology packages. Tread cautiously through new releases. Be sure @Rusty hasn't fallen through the ice before you track with him too closely.
ezgif-5-b1de1687b83e.gif

Oh flip, that is a bit worrying indeed. I am backing the NAS up both to the C2 cloud and to an external drive and I was hoping part of those backups would be the underlying OS / schema as well as the user data.
Definitely holding off upgrading immediately. Will wait until the more experienced folks advise it is safe to go for it!

That feature should come with Hybrid Share when it was 1st time announced. Along this mesh combination of c2 and local storage, DSM7 should bring a complete cloud restore option if you choose to do so. DSM7 and it’s configuration would be a part of that as well. Remains to be seen.

Bunch of chickens... :cool::giggle:

Will be interesting to confirm that all of my various backups run as expected tonight. They are mostly local backups to a second DSM and to an attached USB drive, and one to my Google Drive.

Docker images are loaded and running fine. File/folder access is unchanged.

I'm not doing a lot of stuff w/my NAS so I'm a low-risk case overall. Those who have dozens of docker containers and other more complex/varied uses will be the best test-updaters. I wish us all good luck.

Those who wait can buy us cookies to compensate. 🍪

I bit the bullet and updated a DS214, a DS214play, a DS414, an RS816, a DS216 and a DS918+.
I'm so brave! BIG cookies for me!
1586982526833.png

I can confirm that it would NOT let me obtain a certificate for a *.domain.org through letsencrypt. (Of course, you can do that through zerossl, and then import it into the Diskstation).

Otherwise, no problems.

I bit the bullet and updated a DS214, a DS214play, a DS414, an RS816, a DS216 and a DS918+.
I'm so brave! BIG cookies for me! View attachment 1278
I can confirm that it would NOT let me obtain a certificate for a *.domain.org through letsencrypt. (Of course, you can do that through zerossl, and then import it into the Diskstation).

Otherwise, no problems.
I think you get 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪

Last edited:
My todos:

1. Not read @fredbert posts so I worry less
2. Break out the 20 oz coffee porter I've been saving so I worry less
3. Tell my wife that my son upgraded the firmware so I worry less

Gotta say, my plan is looking good!

Strange issue with my DS1618+ device - I tried manual update, but it says "The available drive space of this system is insufficient." But it is not true, I have several TB of free space on my storage. I never had problems with manual updating the DSM, until now.
I updated another thre devices (DS214play, DS218+, DS918+) with no problem, but for some reason my home DS1618+ refuses to do this new update. :(

Last edited:
A few people on the Community noting that Photo Station not working after the update

Don't use Photostation normally, but just created a new album, so seemingly not afected on that part.

Can't log in from DS Photo app, from posts on reddit that appears to be an issue from the update.

Backups completed normally, no other issues found so far,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.