DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25426 Released

Currently reading
DSM Update DSM Version 6.2.3 - 25426 Released

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Version: 6.2.3-25426
(2020-05-13)
Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few weeks, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly. If you want to update to the latest version now, please go to Download Center and manually update your DSM.
  2. This update includes fixes to the below issues mentioned in 6.2.3-25423.
    • Fixed the issue where the automatic mounting of encrypted shared folders might result in the loss of indexing rules and the failure of the search function.
    • Fixed the issue where the Synology NAS equipped with NVMe device might be woken up from hibernation by the update of NVMe device's health status cache.
  3. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
  4. Removed the support for Google Cloud Print in DSM 6.2.3 and above.
  5. To avoid the interruption of iSCSI service, the automatic DSM update and your power schedule to shut down may not be executed as expected if there are any active iSCSI sessions.
  6. Removed TWNIC from the list of DDNS service providers on DSM 6.2.3 since TWNIC will stop accepting new registrations for DSM as of Jul. 1, 2020. Your current TWNIC DDNS services can still be used and edited but will not be available again once deleted from DSM.
  7. This is the last major DSM version (6.2) that supports the video conversion to .flv and MPEG-4 Part 2 on certain models (RS814, RS214, DS414, DS414slim, DS414j, DS216se, DS215j, DS214+, DS214, DS214se, DS213j, DS120j, DS119j, DS115, DS115j, and DS114) in consideration of the termination of Adobe's support for Flash Player by the end of 2020.

What's New in DSM 6.2.3
  1. Thin Provisioning LUN will become protected upon insufficient volume space, preventing clients from writing data to the LUN while allowing read-only access to the existing data.
  2. Added support for domain users to sign in to DSM using a UPN (user principal name) via file protocols (including SMB, AFP, FTP, and WebDAV).
  3. Added support for the option of forcing password changes for importing local users.
  4. Enhanced the compatibility of the imported user list, providing clearer error messages when the imported file contains syntax errors.
  5. Added support to record only the events of SMB transfer selected by the user, providing transfer logs that meet the requirements more closely.
  6. Added support for client users to monitor the changes of subdirectories under shared folders via SMB protocol.
  7. Added details of desktop notifications to facilitate users' timely responses.
  8. Added support for external UDF file system devices.
  9. Added support for the Open vSwitch option in a high-availability cluster.
  10. Added support for IP conflict detection, providing logs and notifications accordingly.
  11. Added support for Let's Encrypt wildcard certificates for Synology DDNS.
  12. Added support to waive the need of DSM login again through an HTTPS connection after a change in client's IP address.
  13. Added support for hardware-assisted locking for Thick Provisioning LUN on an ext4 volume.
  14. Added support for customized footer message on DSM login pages.

Fixed Issues
  1. Fixed the issue where certain cities might be mapped to incorrect time zones.
  2. Fixed the issue where LDAP users could not be notified of the upcoming password expiration.
  3. Fixed the issue where the upload of LDAP certificate could not overwrite the original one with the same file name.
  4. Fixed the issue where the application permissions settings might not be applied properly to the Domain Users group when such group in Windows AD domain was named other than "Domain Users".
  5. Fixed the issue of inaccurate time of usage history in Resource Monitor.
  6. Improved system responsiveness by reducing the latency of the Btrfs file system in certain scenarios.
  7. Fixed the issue where SNMP did not provide the indices of Disk and RAID correctly.
  8. Fixed the issue where the recycle bin of an encrypted shared folder might not be emptied properly.
  9. Enhanced the DSM login performance for multiple concurrent logins.
  10. Adjusted the personal notification mechanism to comply with the latest Gmail API.
  11. Fixed the issue where the iSCSI service might be interrupted when the LUN backup task is stopped.
  12. Removed the function of expanding the capacity of a block LUN.

Known Issues & Limitations
  1. Access to DSM via HTTPS using Google Chrome on a client device running macOS 10.15 might fail after a DSM update from an older version.

Manual Install Downloads
Index of /download/DSM/release/6.2.3/25426

bbbbut I thought 6.2.3 had been released weeks ago (except in Package Center feeds for UK*). Is this yet another case of fixing the fix that fixed an update?

I'm still on the 'latest' 6.2.2 Update 4 from last November.

* CMS says different and 6.2.2 Update 6 is the absolutely latest.

Just updated DS218+ all seems good so far...
except DDSM does not work any more, the Synology website says that the server is under maintenance
maybe later they will release the new DDSM version.

Annotation 2020-05-14 013043.png

no big deal, switched to Virtual Machine Manager and all is good.
(eventually it had to be done because Synology said it will stop releases for DDSM (docker version)

Update:
The DDSM update is up and available for download
(although i jumped the wagon and hopped onto the VDSM - Virtual Machine Manager one)

View attachment 1498

View attachment 1499
Just dont update Docker package then, because as you said DDSM is EOL and if you patch Docker to the latest version you will lose DDSM option if you do not have an alocated DDSM licence that is active.

Updated Note...

(2020/05/14)

Known Issues & Limitations
  1. To run Centralized Management System (CMS) on Surveillance Station after updating to DSM 6.2.3-25426, Surveillance Station 8.2.7 or above is required.

Not yet available on my DS718+ in the update & restore section. I know I can do it manually.
Maybe sinbce I'm not running latest, this also explains why package manager doesn't show the latest updates for Docker, VMM, etc.

I gave up waiting and have DSM 6.2.3-25426 on both DS215j and DS218+. Had to do this manually cos it wasn't appearing.

Other than DNS Server no other package update was being listed before or after the DSM upgrade. Last night I went and downloaded the .spk for quite a few packages. Then went through Package Center and check versions and manually updated those that needed it.

So far so good. Both NAS entered a period of high CPU after rebooting from the DSM upgrade.

Only small quirk was DNS Server, which hadn't been updated before the DS215j's upgrade, said it needed repairing in order to run. Clicking 'repair' didn't do anything but a manual update fixed it. I updated DNS Server on the DS218+ before DSM upgrade and that went fine.

I’ve not had any issues on my two NAS. Did a manual update 12 days ago.

I tried out generating a wildcard certificate for mynas.synology.me with extra SAN for specific FQDN from my personal domain. Works! I may replace my current certs with these (adding current SANs) as having a wildcard is useful For new/trial services until adding a new personal FQDN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.