DSM Update DSM Version Version: 6.2.4-25556 Update 2 Released

Currently reading
DSM Update DSM Version Version: 6.2.4-25556 Update 2 Released

It's an honor culture thing. Never admit mistakes. Bury them or whitewash them over. Must save face.
So, my NAS updated early this morning and I can't load the DSM nor can I SSH into it. Synology Assistant reports 6.2.4-25556 update 2 as the version it currently runs.

Chances are it downloaded the first, bad, update and just waited to install it?
How can I fix this? Reset network settings + admin (4 sec reset button) ?

Or do I have to go through the full reinstall of DSM?

So, my NAS updated early this morning and I can't load the DSM nor can I SSH into it. Synology Assistant reports 6.2.4-25556 update 2 as the version it currently runs.

Chances are it downloaded the first, bad, update and just waited to install it?
How can I fix this? Reset network settings + admin (4 sec reset button) ?

Or do I have to go through the full reinstall of DSM?
Can you ping the device at all?

It is very weird. I could never reach the NAS in a browser (many browsers) on both HTTP and HTTP port. Then I tried SSH, still not working. Basically left it like that and the next day for some reason I could load up DSM normally... But SSH still does not work even if I can clearly see it enabled with the right port....
-- post merged: --

Also, I removed the NAS config for static IPs and set that in my Eeero.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.