Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Upgraded my DS415+ and the DS620Slim to the 7.1
No issues at all at the good old DS415+, the package opens fine and shows the HEVC and AAC codecs .

On DS620Slim, the advanced media extensions do not download. It opens with a screen that tells me to press a button to download the licence for media extensions. but nothing happens.
Made the restart, waited for a day and still no download. I am logged in the synology account as shown in the configuration screen.

Any idea?

Solution
I did but did not help.
The issue is solved by the way, Support asked me to use another browser (I did use safari on mac and ipad), by using chrome on PC it worked instantly…
Not sure why the DS415+ worked right away, but case closed…
I did but did not help.
The issue is solved by the way, Support asked me to use another browser (I did use safari on mac and ipad), by using chrome on PC it worked instantly…
Not sure why the DS415+ worked right away, but case closed…

Upvote 0
Solution
Last edited:
It could be related to Safari's cross-origin restrictions feature. It's got me before when clicking to access Synology account from within a DSM browser tab. Mostly happened when trying to purchase [the free] SRM VPN licences or the old exFAT licence. Also in DSM 7 beta it caused issues setting up logins to remote DSM NAS for Hyper Backup. Doesn't happen now.

This is still something I keep in mind if things don't work as expected. Enable the Develop menu item in Safari and temporarily disable the feature.

1650540192654.png

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.