DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Moments had a 'shared album' where multiple users could copy photos and videos from their single user areas, and then see the blended set of photos/videos in a single timeline view

Synology implies that DSM7 Photos has a similar feature, but I can't work out how to access it, or turn it on.

How do I activate, turn on, or access the Shared Space?

Solution
oh what a faff, but ok I see now

The Shared Space is enabled from the Settings menu when running Photos as an Admin, and users must be set to 'Management' to give them rights to copy files into the Shared Space.

Coolio. It works.
oh what a faff, but ok I see now

The Shared Space is enabled from the Settings menu when running Photos as an Admin, and users must be set to 'Management' to give them rights to copy files into the Shared Space.

Coolio. It works.

Upvote 0
Solution
Are you sure. For me it doesn't work. Photos "inherited" the shared space from Moments and the 3 users that have management access to it. If I create an album with one user, consisting of photos from the shared space, it will not show up in albums of the other 2 users... Or is there a way to indicate it's an album in shared space, other than the hare options, which will not cater for that.

OK, somehow I now also got the option for users to add/remove in the share options. Then it shows up in the shared with me view. Too bad there is no such thing as an album in shared space, that looks the same for everyone access to shared space.

Upvote 0
Are you sure. For me it doesn't work. Photos "inherited" the shared space from Moments and the 3 users that have management access to it. If I create an album with one user, consisting of photos from the shared space, it will not show up in albums of the other 2 users... Or is there a way to indicate it's an album in shared space, other than the hare options, which will not cater for that.

OK, somehow I now also got the option for users to add/remove in the share options. Then it shows up in the shared with me view. Too bad there is no such thing as an album in shared space, that looks the same for everyone access to shared space.
I think the album functionality is unclear as you say. As an example, am album I create in the shared space is visible but not editable in my personal space.

Upvote 0
I encounter the same problem with Photos. I enabled 'Management' for all 3 users but I don't find how to make a photo from a user space appear in shared space.
When I share a photo, it appears in 'Shared with me' but not in shared space

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.