DSM 7.0 DSM7: synodsmnotify behaviour how to use i18n format

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 DSM7: synodsmnotify behaviour how to use i18n format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
with DSM 7 synodsmnotify introduced new behaviour requesting i18n formated strings. Anyone come accross this and knows how to interact?
$ synodsmnotify @administrators "MyPackage" "MyMessage" => title: 'MyPackage' is neither mail string key nor i18n format.
In DSM 6 the title was a simply a string and I'm using the notification quite regularly in my packages which I want to port to DSM 7.

I18n stands for internalisation format, no idea what mail string is supposed to be. Any hint is appreciated.

The DSM 7 Developer Guide (https://global.download.synology.co.../DSM/7.0/enu/DSM_Developer_Guide_7_0_Beta.pdf) mentiones on p. 61 "In addition, you can use /usr/syno/bin/synodsmnotify executable to send desktop notifications to users. For example, the strings [title] and [messages] will be sent to the administrators user group once the following command get called. /usr/syno/bin/synodsmnotify @administrators [title] [messages]" It does not tell us the new behaviour though.
In the guide p. 81 talks on i18n under application help and localized strings sitting under ui dir. However no idea how this can be tied to synodsmnotify.
-TosoBoso [SPK developer Jitsi-Meet, Kopano for Synology]

Status
Not open for further replies.