DSM7 Synology Photo Mobile Upload Problem

NAS
DS 1621+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Dear ALL
I have synology 1621+ and install the latest DSM 7.0 , it works fine.
After I install Synology Photos , I use ios synology photo software to upload my iPhone XS Max's photo to 1621+.
Due to I have about 15000+ photos , the process is SUPERLONG , after I upload for 2 days , it just complete about 30%.

I've bought iCloud , and I have setup my iphone's icloud for 'best save space for iphone' , so I think my photo on my iphone is not the full resulation.
I also have the same photos on my Mac Photo APP.

So what is the best method of transfer iphone's photo to my nas ?
Option 1 : Keep using Synology for iOS for uploading , spending about more then 10 days.
Option 2 : Download all icloud's photo (1 times 1000 photos) , and transfer to my nas.
Option 3 : Export all photo from my Mac Photo APP , and transfer to my nas.

Question :
Option 1 : Does the photo full resulation ?
Option 2 : Any program or website can let me download all icloud photo at one time ? ( It's OK to Pay)
Option 3 : Does the photo full resulation ?

Thank you !!

See these:

I've never used iCloud Photos only the My Photo Stream to upload from iPhone to my Macs. From these links they say that full resolution is possible and you can export from iCloud.com and Mac Photos app.

The Mac's Photos Library when ctrl-clicked will give the option to open as a folder (Show Package Contents). Depending on which version of macOS then the original files are stored in a folder call originals or Masters. There may also be a Masters.legacy folder in Catalina/Big Sur.

If, as you say, the Mac has all the orginal files already then you can just copy these folders and drop them on the NAS. But one annoyance that Catalina introduced was that instead of Masters having year/month/day folders it instead uses folder 0 to F and renames files with a unique random string.

To combat this, and assuming the file's actual date/time stamp is right for when taken, it's possible to use Automator to rename files with using file date and time plus index (to avoid duplicate names).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.