Question edit DSM Login meta description

Currently reading
Question edit DSM Login meta description

anthony714

Bit Poster
NAS
DS1515+
Hello everyone. Does anyone know how to edit meta description on the login page for the current DSM version?

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
edit meta
I made several customizations to my DSM (but most get overwritten with major updates) regarding CSS and general look of it. What did you mean specifically?

anthony714

Bit Poster
NAS
DS1515+
A preview appears when I share a link on Facebook or email with message "DiskStation provides a full..." under the title. Under source view, the element was "description," but where is it? I'd like to customize it with my own message. How can it be changed?

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
Router
I can have a look later today when I get time for it and if I find something useful I’ll let you know

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
Router
Truth be told I haven't had time to tackle this, so don't have any new info for you.

jeyare

Mega Poster
NAS
1811+, 3x 1813+, ...
A preview appears when I share a link on Facebook or email with message "DiskStation provides a full..." under the title. Under source view, the element was "description," but where is it? I'd like to customize it with my own message. How can it be changed?
Understand your concern about hiding these info or make your own custom message (branded).
Just one point - leave the link to your shared data in social media environment is a pass to people who would like to test your security. Use more personalized control of who have the link is better approach. But it is up to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.