Currently reading
Editing Photos in Moments

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is it possible to edit photos in an external photo editor that have been stored in Moments?

no,
Moments isn’t useful for a photo editing workflow
it’s just a preview/share tool and smartphone photo sync/backup tool
Thank you for the response, disappointing, Moments looked promising.. Thanks again.

Is it possible to edit photos in an external photo editor that have been stored in Moments?
Edit within Moments: No.
Use SMB, NFS, AFS, or whatever built-in file sharing services your desktop image editor supports: Yes. You have to find the photo file from within your /home/<user>/Drive/Moments folder.

Not sure what would kick off updating thumbnails but Indexing Service may notice the file stats have changed and do it.

May be better to work on a copy though: if in the Moments folder then this will get added to the Moments app. Depends if it's likely that the original could get re-uploaded and overwrite your work.

Edit within Moments: No.
Use SMB, NFS, AFS, or whatever built-in file sharing services your desktop image editor supports: Yes. You have to find the photo file from within your /home/<user>/Drive/Moments folder.

Not sure what would kick off updating thumbnails but Indexing Service may notice the file stats have changed and do it.

May be better to work on a copy though: if in the Moments folder then this will get added to the Moments app. Depends if it's likely that the original could get re-uploaded and overwrite your work.
Good points... It is a good manual work around for now. Thanks.

No, this function is not available there. Why are you considering this one? I mean, you can use other alternatives, too. Especially if you're not planning a professional edit. I like quick editing, too, cause I'm constantly updating photos on social media - it takes a lot of time enough. I can recommend remove background. I mostly use it when I need to make a cool background, and it does a good job with that, but of course I also use other functions here. For me it's a nice budget alternative. Of course it's good if you don't have any complicated professional tasks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.