DSM 7.0 Emails sending to local domain and wait for 20+ seconds to show up

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Emails sending to local domain and wait for 20+ seconds to show up

I assuem that the email never go outside of the network (the relay server I am using). It should go directly to the local recipient's mailbox. The email only contain a word with no attachement.

I also have hmail server setup for testing purpose. If I do the same thing, the email immediately show up in the recipient's inbox.

Is it normal for MailPlus? Why it takes 20+ seconds to show up?

Thanks

Check the headers of the message and see what can you find. I can’t recall how on Synology, but I remember I used to do this.
Don't actively use MailPlus either but converted Mail Server to it on the old DS218+ using the data that it had until I stopped using it. Anyway, I think the option is Show Original from a message's drop down menu.
1631003136610.png

I was going to reply about checking headers too: see what hops the message has made to servers.

Is it normal for MailPlus? Why it takes 20+ seconds to show up?
Not sure if 20 seconds is long or not, it could depend on what else is happening on the NAS plus how heavy you have anti-malware and anti-spam scanning. It's not something I've spent a lot of time thinking about as getting mail to arrive was the happy outcome :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.