DS916+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Nextcloud version _(eg, 18.0.2)_: 18.0.4
Operating system and version _(eg, Ubuntu 20.04)_: Synology DSM
PHP version _(eg, 7.1)_: MariaDB 10

Hello all, I have installed NextCloud (non Docker version) on my home Synology DSM and things have been ticking along without much trouble.

Today however, each time I attempt to login as usual via my browser, I enter the username and password however I am returned to the same login page via an endless loop and the address bar shows;

I have searched for any possible solutions, however all suggestions found quickly exceed my abilities.

Can anyone please advise how to fix?

Kind regards.

Hello,

I installed the following from the Package Centre but then downloaded the actual NextCloud installation files directly from NextCloud;
Web Station
Apache HTTP Server 2.4.39
PHP 7.3.11
phpMyAdmin 4.9.2
MariaDB 10.3.21

NextCloud has been updated once since installation and that has been from within NextCloud itself.

Attachments

• 20200508_142539.jpg
    20200508_142539.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I've managed to upgrade to a beta version which looks to have gotten rid of my login problem. Before I have any further issues, is it possible to transfer all of my saved files etc to a Docker version of NextCloud (if I installed it)? My files are encrypted in the current NextCloud.

Update.....the error persists. I think the sooner I get my files out of this NextCloud instance, the better.

I'm backing up all my Nextcloud data now. What would anyone suggest;
*Installing and moving to the Docker version of NextCloud? If do, what are the benefits? I've heard of people having problems accessing remotely and via reverse proxy.
*Are there any better alternatives to NextCloud?

Many thanks.

Installing and moving to the Docker version of NextCloud? If do, what are the benefits?
Benefits are that you will have the option to quickly and easely update to any version you want (or rollback to one) and also it will be sandboxed away from DSM updates and package center, so you will not be dependent on anything synology related.

I've heard of people having problems accessing remotely and via reverse proxy.
Such as?

Are there any better alternatives to NextCloud?
Depends on what you use it for. Owncloud comes to mind.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

The issues I had read were mainly being unable to access it remotely at all. They didn't expand on it, just that they uninstalled it, I don't know if it was a reverse proxy issue.

Looks like there ate plenty of pros with using the Docker, I think I'll push forward with using it and follow your tutorial.

On a side note, will I be able to uninstall all the above (Web Station, Apache HTTP Server 2.4.39, PHP 7.3.11, phpMyAdmin 4.9.2, MariaDB 10.3.21) if the Docker is self contained, or are these programs still needed to bridge the gap between Docker image and the Internet?

You will need Maria or MySQL in Docker as well as a separate container. Everything else will be in the image that Next/Owncloud will come in. Another separate container can be phpMyAdmin for connecting to the SQL instance and configure your DB. So all in all, 3 containers. But of, SQL and myadmin are multi purpose as you can use them for anything else apart from the cloud container in the future.

You will need Maria or MySQL in Docker as well as a separate container. Everything else will be in the image that Next/Owncloud will come in. Another separate container can be phpMyAdmin for connecting to the SQL instance and configure your DB. So all in all, 3 containers. But of, SQL and myadmin are multi purpose as you can use them for anything else apart from the cloud container in the future.

Cheers thanks.

Just waiting for my backup to finish then I'll uninstall native NextCloud and begin installing the Docker version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.