Endless "SYNOLOGY Updates to our EULA" emails

Currently reading
Endless "SYNOLOGY Updates to our EULA" emails

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS212, RS816, RS819, DS223, DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Starting on September 26, I've been getting several emails each day from my Diskstations, and from "Synology Notification System" that read as follows:

"We have updated our EULA to incorporate recent policy changes. Please click on the link to review it in detail."

Anyone else been getting these? And bonus question (cookies!): Anyone know how to turn them off?

I'm getting them too. Anyone actually taken time to read the linked EULA? Is there a summary of what they changed?

Inbox rule in your email client ... send to trash!

Glad to know I'm not the only one - I'd rather address the cause than the symptom, though...

Starting on September 26, I've been getting several emails each day from my Diskstations, and from "Synology Notification System" that read as follows:

"We have updated our EULA to incorporate recent policy changes. Please click on the link to review it in detail."

Anyone else been getting these? And bonus question (cookies!): Anyone know how to turn them off?
Got several as well, though only as many as I currently have Syno-devices.

More to the point, if Synology wanted to satisfy its customers more than its lawyers they'd have provided a "this is what has changed" synopsis. I bet few of those customers are actually going to give up their devices for a EULA change, though some might re-think future device purchases.

Got several as well, though only as many as I currently have Syno-devices.

More to the point, if Synology wanted to satisfy its customers more than its lawyers they'd have provided a "this is what has changed" synopsis. I bet few of those customers are actually going to give up their devices for a EULA change, though some might re-think future device purchases.

I have a BUNCH of Syno devices, so I'm getting a lot of these emails. :)

I haven't been tempted to look at the new EULA, much less to a compare against the old one, but, often, changes to EULAs are forced by changes imposed by the licensors of software that Synology (or any device seller) then licenses to us, so not necessarily in Synology's control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.