Currently reading
Enter Network Credentials Nightmare

NAS
DS218play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have had a DS218Play for almost a year and it works great. I am sharing my music catalog through the NAS on multiple computers in my home and using DSPlay to stream from several devices (iPad, iphone, etc.). Everything has worked like a dream until this past weekend when the computer I use to rip my music into the NAS decided to block access to the drive, giving me the dreaded "Enter Network Credentials" pop up screen. No sign in credentials work, not Windows, not the DS218 username password, not my Microsoft login. If I enter the IP address directly, it come right up. I can still access the DS218 from all of my other computers, so I know the issue lies with this one desktop computer. It's running Windows 10 and is not performing any unusual tasks. My question is: how do I reestablish the sharing credentials on this one computer so I can directly access the music folders for ripping music? I have tried several "fixes", suggested in various searches, have reset my my "share" settings and have even running "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow" to check the system.
Any direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially since I know this isn't, technically, an issue with the Synthogy NAS.
Thanks in adavance!
John

Attachments

• Network Credentials.JPG
    Network Credentials.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 42
Yes, I did, but it didn't do anything.
What seems to have worked is going into "settings", "network & internet" and selecting "network reset". This does a full reset of the network settings for this computer and restarts the computer. When I attempted to access the drive, I still got the Enter Network Credentials popup. I entered the IP of the DS218Play and the password and, voila!, it worked!
So, it didn't disable the network credentials but did clear the usernames and passwords. Oddly, I never changed the IP or password for the DS218 but that didn't keep Windows from screwing it up somehow.
At this point, I will take what I can get!!
Thank you for the input and suggestion, it is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.