Error Message From Windows Mapped Drive

NAS
220+, 216+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Every morning when I log into my MS Windows machine I get the error message below.

This is from a new Synology 723+ I recently installed. I have another older 216+ with a mapped drive and I do not recieve the message, although it is also being used as an NVR for security cameras so it never goes to "sleep".

I believe the error message is from the PC and NAS going into sleep mode at night, thats my theory anyway. When I click the OK button the message goes away and the mapped share works normally.

Any ideas on how I might fix this? Not a big deal, just an little annoyance. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-08-04 085743.jpg

It is a windows issue.
Try to clear the network logins en clear DNS

Go to windows credentials manager and delete all that is related to the Z: drive and that looks an issue.
See if you need to delete the network connection (delete double items anyway)

Then clear network settings for DNS
  1. Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
  2. Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
  3. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  4. When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
  5. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
  6. Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
  7. Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
  8. Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
  9. Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
  10. Restart the computer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.