Exos X10 line not on 1621+ list

NAS
DS418j, DS1621+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Not sure if this is a problem….I previously purchased 10 TB Exos X10s for my DS418j as they were on the list for that model

I just purchased 3 new ones, for the 1621+, and they are coming tomorrow. BUT I noticed this model is NOT on the 1621+ list. Not sure why, they should be just fine.

will I have any issues/errors/warnings? Should I return for the x16’s instead?

thank you!

Not sure if this is a problem….I previously purchased 10 TB Exos X10s for my DS418j as they were on the list for that model

I just purchased 3 new ones, for the 1621+, and they are coming tomorrow. BUT I noticed this model is NOT on the 1621+ list. Not sure why, they should be just fine.

will I have any issues/errors/warnings? Should I return for the x16’s instead?

thank you!
Not all drive models are listed as supported. That doesn’t mean it will not work. This is new Synology policy as they have their own brand drives now for SATA, SAS, and NVMe.

It’s expected they will not advertise other brands.

Again, no reason for those Exos not to work.

Thanks Rusty….I figured as much but I also feel like the 1621 is a step up from the J series I currently own so I wasn’t 100% sure. Thanks again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.