Currently reading
Expanding a volume

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I would suggest anyone contemplating setting up a NAS for the fist time to think ahead. I would suggest getting double the hard drive space that you think you'd ever need. Am currently waiting on my NAS after swapping a 4tb for a 16tb drive. On day 2 of rebuilding volume and it's at 40%. I know I can use it now but don't want to slow it down anymore.
drives 1 and 2 were 4tb, 3-4 16 tb. Swapped out drive 2 for new 16tb. Am guessing another 2 days until it's done, maybe!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Solved
Thank you so very much, Rusty. It appeared where it should in Photoshop preferences. So let's see if it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What's stopping you? Probably Synology wanting you to upgrade your NAS to take advantage of this "feature".
Replies
Views
  • Question
I received a message saying that my volume 2 is fragmented and that I need to expand storage capacity...
Replies
Views
Hi @Telos, I was meaning this unusual behaviour of going in to read only mode - is this a sign that my...
Replies
Views
Thanks :). Also yes I know I can have multiple volumes but currently it's not practical for my use case...
Replies
Views
I tried this /volumeX -f -l -k But Synology will not share the procedure.
Replies
Views
Do you delete the Volume or the storage pool or both? 1628300715 I already have everything backed up on 2...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back