Expansion question

Currently reading
Expansion question

Hi, I'm wondering if I am able to add a 14tb into this configuration or does it need to be a 16tb like the other 4? Thanks
20201219_172901.jpg

Solution
To expand this SHR-2 pool will require at least a 16TB drive. If bigger than 16TB then the additional space won’t become available until you add other bigger drives.
excuse me fredbert and Flussing!, I have RS3617RPxs with 4 hard disk in raid5 but i want to expand the volumen, the question is, can I add new hd to raid 5 without lost data??? please i need to know the answer. thanks!!!

Upvote 0
excuse me fredbert and Flussing!, I have RS3617RPxs with 4 hard disk in raid5 but i want to expand the volumen, the question is, can I add new hd to raid 5 without lost data??? please i need to know the answer. thanks!!!
Yes you can

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.