Solved External Access DDNS (Google Domains)

Currently reading
Solved External Access DDNS (Google Domains)

NAS
DS1019+ DSM6
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have few subdomains configured for my domain (which is managed via Google Domains).
only the sub-domains i have configured load a page, any other non-configured sub-domain results in a standard "page cannot be found" style error - which is the expected outcome.

previously i have using Ubiquiti Edgerouter X to manage the updating of my external IP to via the dyndns service to google domains. this entailed adding an entry for each sub-domain the edgeOS config (with the appropriate user/pass), and this updated just fine.

when trying to achive the same thing within DSM External Access > DDNS it seems i can only add 1 entry per Service Provider (where google is listed). this means that i can only updated 1 of my subdomains and the other 5 can't be. surely this can't be correct?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

well there is an API URL that can be used to update each sub-domain, so maybe that is an option?

Code:
https://username:[email protected]/nic/update?hostname=subdomain.yourdomain.com&myip=1.2.3.4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.