Currently reading
Extracting 108 10GB files easily

NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Last edited:
Hi,

I've downloaded all my gf's and my own iCloud photos files into 56x 10GB zip files and 52x 25GB zip files and need to extract all of them. They are already on my synology, but extracting using something like BetterZip on my Mac seems to be unreliable as it fails often. Instead I extract them one by one using the extract option on the Synology DSM 7 but I was wondering if there was a less time consuming way where I can tell it to extract everything one by one for example?
-- post merged: --

I think I just found the answer to my question. Select all, then archive. At first it's not obvious but it is in fact extracting each selected archive one-by-one.

I just did Google Takeout of my photos and am uploading the Zip files (70 x 10GB) to the NAS. I plan to export them on my PC and then upload them to Synology Photos; just not sure of a quick way to do that. The issue is not sure what folders to put the images in instead of just uploading them through the Web GUI.

Knowing now that I can just select all then archive is a nice feature.

The issue is not sure what folders to put the images in instead of just uploading them through the Web GUI.
Photos need to be located inside /volume1/home/username/Photos/xxxxxx. You can place them there inside respected folders, or leave them in root unsorted, up to you.

Photos need to be located inside /volume1/home/username/Photos/xxxxxx. You can place them there inside respected folders, or leave them in root unsorted, up to you.
Good to know! The thing is, I think I like how it splits it up into folders when I upload from the Web GUI. It's going to take some time, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back