Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have +20K photos/videos in synology photos and 2 issues at the moment:

Issue #1: Face recognition works sometimes. Haven't found a pattern. For example, I have a photo with 2 people, one is recognized, the other isn't. Both faces are facing forward, clear images, etc. The info tab shows only the recognized faced. The other face doesn't even show up there so I can answer the question "Who is this" and therefore assign a name to that face. Questions:
a. How can I force photos to recognize the 2nd face? I have tried re-indexing in both personal/shared space, restarting photos and all the depending packages, restarting the NAS, no luck. Does anyone have a solution for this, other than deleting the photo and adding it again? Can't do this for thousands of photos.
b. Is it possible to select photos (by date, folder, tag, etc) and "tell" photos to do face recognition?

Issue #2: In the People's album, when I search a name I have John Doe appearing twice, same exact spelling. The first entry shows 6 photos, the second 55 photos. Can't merge them... When I go to show/hide people and look for him I find one of the 2 entries, the one with 55. The other photos are nowhere to be found. Questions:
c. Is there a way to solve this?
d. Is it possible to list the names under show/hide people in alphabetical order? Is there a way to "find" a list of people in the NAS hidden somewhere so I can identify duplicates or names to be merged?

Looking forward to your advise. Thanks in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.