NAS
SYNOLOGY DS1522+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi,
I have connected my external WD HDD to my DS1522+ using the USB port at the front of the NAS. It was mounted to the system (DSM 7.2). I then tried to copy files from the HDD to the NAS directly to a shared folder. Some files were copied successfully but others did not. The failure seems to happen for large files (e.g. VM files) with sizes between 30 and 50 GB. The copy process starts but just before it finishes I get the error message "Unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or the system is busy. Please try again later." I have tried to copy those files several times but i get the same error. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

BTW, I once connected the WD HDD directly to the USB port and tried it thru a "powered" USB Hub thinking that the HDD might be disconnecting due to lack of power. Both attempts failed.

error.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.