File/folder security with remote access via webdrive

Currently reading
File/folder security with remote access via webdrive

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
My apologies for the length of this post.
I have a remote user that connects to my NAS via WebDrive, We have mapped the WebDrive connecton to a Windows drive on her PC so the connection opens to the following folder: \SUBTECH\aa working directory\Masters (see folder/file tree below) Within the Masters folder there are EXCEL templates she needs to populate.
When the user's security profile was set up, she was given read/write access to all folders & files in the SUBTECH parent directory. I want to restrict read write access to files that are in the Masters directory.
I am having some difficulty trying to implement this. Would someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance.

NAS TREE.jpg

Before you set custom permissions in the Masters directory, you must disable inherited permissions under the advanced settings.
On the surface I'm sure this is very clear to you. I'm not sure I understand the process thoroughly. Here is what I would do based on your instructions:
Open File Station
On the left side I see the directory structure, highlight Masters & right click on it.
Select Properties from the box & click on it.
Select Permission from the next box.
Select Exclude inherited permissions
And then is where it gets confusing. I assume I select the user and give them permission(s).
Am I on the right track?
How does that prevent the user from accessing the other folders, specifically 'book keeping'

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.