Currently reading
File Space issues for synced folders

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
So I'm running engineering analysis simulations on Solidworks software. I am saving the sims to a local drive folder that is synced to my NAS via Drive. I have done this setup for about a year without issue, but lately have been getting a warning from Solidworks saying that the drive is full and it cannot write the results to the folder. I have plenty of space on both my local drive and my NAS for the sim.

I tried moving the home folder for the sim to a local drive folder that is not synced with the NAS, and it wrote the file without any problems. This is leading me to wonder if there is a setting I don't remember for my NAS folders that limits folder size even though I have plenty of space on both the NAS physical drive and on the NAS volumes. I've looked through both the storage manager and the file station without any luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.