File System Check - doesn't run properly

NAS
DS1518+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have some problems with getting the file system check to run properly.

I did shutdown docker and other packages. It seems to start (the file system check) but after a minute or two I get the following popup and the error on the file system remains.

The system ran file system check on Volume 1. Some services on the volume could not be reactivated due to unknown reasons. Try restarting the system. If the issue persists, please contact Synology Technical Support.

If I check my log center, the message seems very different.
System failed to deactivate [Volume 1] and related services for [ext4 filesystem check & repairing].

So it seems it can't unmount the volume and therefore doesnt even run - but the popup said it did but could start certain service.

I do think it doesnt run, and I do know the old versions ran it at a restart. What can I do to get this file system check running?

I'm sorry but I want to expand the volume to gain 3TB of space, but I cant do it because the file check doesnt run properly.

I have no option at this moment to backup the files and apps to recreate the volume.

Does anyone have any tips as to get everything back to working properly in this process? I have ost stuff in dockers except my backups etc. Do I need to recreate all the backups as wel?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.