Files and folder with ä ö ü in name are visible in DSM File Station but not in Mac Finder

Currently reading
Files and folder with ä ö ü in name are visible in DSM File Station but not in Mac Finder

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
HI

Since some days I moved 1TB files from my old external SSD to the NAS.

Some of the files are however not available when I try to access them over smb on my Mac, but I can see them in DSM File Station. For example, when I try to access some folders, those are empty. In the specific one folder should be 27GB (according to File Station). In the finder it says 0 bytes

I noticed that I can see the files when I use afp. How come? I would like to use the smb protocol

I also noticed that is is happening for folder that use some different characters (ö ä ü etc.)

Any idea?

Many Thanks in advance!

Yeah ac
Hi,

I don’t know much about using umlaut characters. Check this and see if it sheds some light.
According to this post and other online it looks like a SMB issue.

Now a question: If my and my colleague are working on the same shared folder and I am using smb and my colleague afp, I cannot see files thy create containing umlaut sign right? ö ä ü etc ...

Already explained in this thread:

-- post merged: --

To be sure:
Also restricted for special characters and diacritics

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.