files in recycle bin can't be restored without being corrupted?

Currently reading
files in recycle bin can't be restored without being corrupted?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello I've enabled the recycle bin for users on my Synology DS1618+ but if needed to get something that was just recently deleted like a doc file I can't, I can find the file in my recycle bin but the file title is ~$[Titlename].doc and the size is 162 Bytes and if I restore it, it comes back corrupted whats the problem here or the recycle bin is just useless?

Hello I've enabled the recycle bin for users on my Synology DS1618+ but if needed to get something that was just recently deleted like a doc file I can't, I can find the file in my recycle bin but the file title is ~$[Titlename].doc and the size is 162 Bytes and if I restore it, it comes back corrupted whats the problem here or the recycle bin is just useless?
Are you absolutely sure the original file was actually deleted? ~$[Titlename].doc looks more like an Office doc support file rather than the actual file itself. When you open an Office file in read+write mode, Office tends to create a (hidden) small support file next to the original file starting with ~. After the file is closed, the support file is deleted.

Are you absolutely sure the original file was actually deleted? ~$[Titlename].doc looks more like an Office doc support file rather than the actual file itself. When you open an Office file in read+write mode, Office tends to create a (hidden) small support file next to the original file starting with ~. After the file is closed, the support file is deleted.
yep the original files are definitely deleted from original source as I went to the recycle bin to restore it all I can find was this format file with the exact same title name, I did more digging in other recycle bin folders all are the same and others have .tmp files with them (I provided an image for an example).
2020-12-04_120011.jpg

That's just a temp file. Not the file you are looking for.
ok so then where are the files that are deleted in this case I checked multiple home files for different users in my recycle bin and all were the same, is there something with the configuration in that case?

Hello, I am having the same problem. I'm trying to understand how this happened. Did you find any results?

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 39

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.