1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
wwwampy submitted a new resource:

Firefly III - self-hosted manager for your personal finances - Tutorial for Firefly III installation in Docker via UI

This tutorial is mostly for newcomers and those that are not so familiar with the Docker. I'm not an expert, but I want to share my installation as a tutorial to help others. For any mistakes, feel free to comment in the discussion section of this resource.

In this tutorial, we are going to use this official automated Docker build for Firefly III: jc5x/firefly-iii

Before you start with the installation of this...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the guide, but i am having issue with getting the database created on my mariaDb10.

Keep getting connected refused. Any ideas?

Keep getting connected refused. Any ideas?
network traffic blocked by firewall, using the wrong port number, we will need a bit more info on the setup that you have used as well as config, then we can start troubleshooting.

In general, connection refused is usually a wrong host (ip or name) or port problem (no service running, or blocked traffic) so start with that.

network traffic blocked by firewall, using the wrong port number, we will need a bit more info on the setup that you have used as well as config, then we can start troubleshooting.

In general, connection refused is usually a wrong host (ip or name) or port problem (no service running, or blocked traffic) so start with that.

Thank @Rusty for the pointer. I managed to resolve it.

If anyone else is interested, below are the instruction.

I had both the firefly and mariadb in docker.

You will need to get the ip address for both containers via the CLI interface.

1. SSH to Synology nas -> ssh admin@<nas ip>
2. See all the list of dockers -> docker ps
3. Use the following command to see the docker's ip -> docker inspect -f '{{range .NetworkSettings.Networks}}{{.IPAddress}}{{end}}' <container id>

In my case, its 172.0.1.4 for MariaDB and 172.0.1.3 for Firefly

4. Switch to the docker app and change the FF_DB_HOST to 172.0.1.4
5. Back in the CLI, access the MariaDB via the BASH -> docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash
6. Access the mysql interface -> mysql --user=root mysql -p <mysql password>
7. Grant access to the Firefly -> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on . to 'root'@'172.17.0.4' IDENTIFIED BY '<mysql password>';
8. Flush the privileges -> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
9. Restart your Firefly docker.

How do you know these won't change on a NAS reboot? Can you set fixed IPs within Docker?

as @Rusty have mentioned you can. But since I am fairly new to the synology and docker world ( I do have experience in VM), I dont have the "know how" to do.

But if anyone here managed to figure it out. Do Share, if not this is on my weekend list of things to explore.

There's a new version of Firefly III.
There are some changes to install

here you can find more information.

Beware in the new version there's no bunq import.

thanks for sharing this. I have created the docker and installed MariaDB 5 (port 3306) and 10 (port 3307) on my NAS. I used the settings as descripted but I continually get errors connecting to the both databases.

I created an account with phpadmin, firefly and

Created a DB "firefly" "utf8_general_ci".
Created an account with all previliges on the db.
Hostname I put in a %. ( I tried diffent scopes but no luck (172.17.0.% and 192.168.0.%))

Any suggestions?

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection timed out (SQL: select * from information
_schema.tables where table_schema = firefly and table_name = migrations and
table_type = 'BASE TABLE')

Solved. I used a wrong ip address.
In Docker terminal I checked firefly ip (ip addr show) in found a different number comparing to mariaDB.

Now it works. I can confirm that your procedure is fine!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.