Fireshare — Share your game clips, videos, or other media

Currently reading

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Telos submitted a new resource:

Fireshare — Share your game clips, videos, or other media - a very simple and easy way for you to share any videos through a unique link

How many times have you run across a post where someone wants to share a video, without requiring the recipient to download it prior to viewing... That is not readily doable in Synology world.

Fireshare is a simple, easy to use application, available through Docker. Although I am apparently on of the early users to try this on a Synology NAS, I found the developer, helpful and responsive in getting my system up.

Here is the user...

Read more about this resource...

Was looking for something similar to this, as you said, private YT, to potentially host some video materials but that is self-hosted and open to modifications. It's not something that is my main focus atm, but tnx for the share! Will give it a go.

Thanks for this.
Unfortunately it's yet another seemingly obvious default functionality that doesn't come as basic in DSM and is only available via Docker, which is unavailable to my DS 416.
I'd like to be able to share a video (e.g. a 3-hour conference) with clients & providers, that they can just check/play for a few seconds without waiting an hour for it to download.

I'd like to be able to share a video (e.g. a 3-hour conference) with clients & providers, that they can just check/play for a few seconds without waiting an hour for it to download.

I have been able to do this using synology drive shared links. I have some training videos that I shared out via shared link and they were able to watch it without having to download the video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.