Currently reading
Folder Comparison

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi, first post - currently in the process of migrating data between an old DS414 and a new DS918+ using the Hyperbackup process from the Synology website. Of the 6 shared folders I've copied over, one of them does not match the size & num files on the source (checked using 'Properties' within File Station). How can I check the integrity of what I have copied over before I start relying on the 918 as the master? Other than using the very basic 'Properties' method, is there a facility within the Synology to do it, or is there a package I can install or an I can app run from Windows? Many thanks.

Did you try Migration Assistant?
I don't see the 414 listed, but perhaps the 918+ can pull from there.

Or are you reusing the disks?

Last edited:
Thanks Telos. Was planning to use that as the preferred option, but MA is not supported on the DS414 source NAS. No, I'm going to keep the disks in the 414 to backup to.

Cheers Jeyare, but rsync seems to copy over the whole of a shared folder, and with 7 of out the 8 folders within the shared folder appearing to be correct, I'm only looking to copy over the problematic folder, cos each time I do it, it takes about 18 hours. I've opted to use Windows Explorer to do the copy between the 2 mounted drives. I'll see how that goes. Thanks.

Thanks fredbert, that possibly looks like a goer. Going through the options on the HB rsync (single version) it says that it "supports single-version backup to a remote destination without data deduplication". Does that mean it will only copy over unique items on the source, but will not remove unique items on the destination? I passed my English exams (a long time ago), but I'm struggling with that one a bit.

Thanks for the responses guys. In the end, the copy over from Windows Explorer worked. I used a Windows programme called Beyond Compare to do a source and destination comparison and it matches 100%. Problem solved. Thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.