NAS
1019+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
OK so Drive looks awesome. But I have a folder issue on setup...

On going through the first setup, I get to the screen "the selected folders on your comp and NAS will be synchronized" and I can seem only allowed to select a single NAS folder. So I go ahead and select my movie folder then find the contents of that folder in the "Synology Drive" folder. But there's no movies folder within the Synology Drive folder.

Next, I want to add another folder. I go through the same process above and select another folder "TV shows" and Drive client suggests another folder called "Synology Drive" in another location.

I hope readers can understand what I mean.

I am after a solution where I have one Synology Drive folder and my folders, named as they are in the NAS, appear next to each other under the same folder names as I have in the NAS.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix and I've missed something obvious. Please help!

Open Drive Admin console (via DSM app menu) and activate Team folders for each folder (movies, shows etc) that you wanna see visible inside Drive.

Drive as an app has to have a central single folder called (My Drive) that will be synced and kind of an anchor for your Drive needs. Everything else can be sorted via Team folders.

Thanks, Rusty - this wasn't quite my question. I have activated all my folders via the Drive Admin Console.

My issue is in the Synology Drive app for Windows 10.

Every individual NAS folder seems to need its own instance of Synology Drive. So I don't seem to be able to have a single "Synology Drive" folder with each of my NAS folders inside, which just feels a little clumsy.

What I have done is to create a single "NAS" folder on my desktop and then created subfolders inside this with names that match my NAS folders. Then each of these subfolders has its own individual "Synology Drive" folder inside and then the contents of the NAS folder with which each "Synology Drive" folder is synching.

Just wondering if there is a less clumsy way... something that feels more like DropBox.

Every individual NAS folder seems to need its own instance of Synology Drive.

This is an option you can uncheck when selecting the folder path. IIRC it is at the bottom left of the folder selection Window. I always uncheck it as I find it confusing to have so many "Synology Drive" folders.
SjVjxBj.png

Just Curious:
- do you need sync by Drive all multimedia Shared folders between the NAS and computer? What is the target of such data share?
- do you need play the multimedia sources from the computer connected to the NAS in same LAN?

Just Curious:
- do you need sync by Drive all multimedia Shared folders between the NAS and computer? What is the target of such data share?
- do you need play the multimedia sources from the computer connected to the NAS in same LAN?
Yes I want full access RW to everything. The reason being I split my time between different countries and want full access to everything on my NAS from everywhere. Synology Drive seems perfect for me. I can grant full access to everything for myself and my wife, and then a folder each for the kids, with some shared family content. I'm so impressed with this now that it's all working.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.