Folding@home project in your NAS

Currently reading
Folding@home project in your NAS

Chenks, which container did you go with?
And did you make any modifications, as Shadow did, or did you just do a straight up install?

i used the linuxserver one, and just a plain install.
things i have noticed.

setting it to only fold when the device is idle appears to result in it never starting, it seems it doesn't quite know when the NAS is idle or not (or maybe mine is never 100% idle).

setting it to either medium or full don't seem to make any difference - they both use 99% of the CPU.

OK, up and running...let's see what happens.
1586617233488.png

Last edited:
Team Synoforum is Team # 261136. :)
Joined with core i7 6700K OCed working for Team Synoforum estimated @61366 points per day

Edit : Had to step back a bit ... after 20 minutes CPU temps were close to 90°C so I set the workload to Light and now estimated points per day is 37697 and I had luck to be put to the right project (y)

1586622093143.png

Temperature is ok here on my nas.
Well this was not the temps of the NAS CPU of course :)
Talking of that, is there a way to see the temperatures of the CPU directly from the DSM UI ? I cuold only find a green dot in the Information Center for system temps though disks temps are detailed...
Tried once to install GIT (Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf) in docker to monitor NAS, UPS etc. to no avail ... might give it another try someday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.