DSM 7.0 From Nas4free to DS920+

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello, everyone!
My NAS is already installed. Finally he arrived. The question remains how to move content from the old nas4free to the new DS920+? How do I connect them so that the transfer takes place directly between them? What settings should I make on DS920? I have to move around 12 TB.....
Would you help me?
Thanks in advance!

fastest copy would probably be to have both devices connected on the lan, create a link between then in file station and copy from one of the devices, will take some time anyway…

Thanks!
Nothing happens with rsync or I can't set up the connection properly even though I don't see a connection.

Last edited:
What advantage would setting up rsync have, compared to the simple option to connect between the 2 devices using the cifs connection in tools from file station, en just copy data over? Possibly the structure will be different anyway?

I used an FTP connection and the transfer is already a fact!
Rsync may be more suitable for regularly synchronizing folders and files between the two devices in case we want to have the same data in both places.

What advantage would setting up rsync have, compared to the simple option to connect between the 2 devices using the cifs connection in tools from file station, en just copy data over? Possibly the structure will be different anyway?
rsync advantage would be that it preserves the users permissions. In some cases that is important e.g. if you have Docker running…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back