Info fusermount and File Station conflict

Currently reading
Info fusermount and File Station conflict

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Via rclone/fusermount I have access to my Google Drive files via File Station. But all is not well. Although I can rename and download mounted files, I cannot copy/paste between the mounted files, and my shared folders using File Station. When I attempt this, I get a pop-up saying "Error occurred on <filename> (This action is not supported)".

However... if I use a Windows file explorer program (for example Q-Dir) which connects to the NAS via SMB, I am able to move and copy mounted files in any direction, just as though they were native to the NAS.

Any ideas here? Odd that all is well with SMB, but there is something off with File Station.

Adding info... After mounting Google Drive to an empty folder, using File Station, I can
  • rename a file on the mounted Google Drive folder
  • delete a file from the mounted Google Drive folder
  • create a compressed ZIP file on the mounted Google Drive folder using the right-click context menu
  • download a file from the mounted Google Drive folder

I cannot
  1. move or copy a file from the mounted Google Drive folder to a shared folder
  2. move or copy a file from a shared folder to the mounted Google Drive folder

Is this a permissions issue I'm not seeing?

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same. I just switched from Qnapa where there was absolutely no problem with that.

I have tried almost everything and nothing works.

Do you have any suggestions?

The problem is well described here:

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.