FYI - Ubiquiti had a possible data breach...

Currently reading
FYI - Ubiquiti had a possible data breach...

when all of you have read carefully my advice in the past "never setup Ubiquiti Cloud Account for a management of your devices”, then you are living at the safe side. even an usage of such service w/o 2FA is a call for trouble for every irresponsible user.

For Docker hosted controller you don’t need it.
Done.

If you have such account just for Unifi support reason (ticket, forum), I hope that you use 2FA as standard. Then you are also out of the issue. Just renew your psw.

@NAS Newbie
it's a responsible behavior to inform our community about possible security threat
good to know, that someone read emails from the provider sources yet
thank you

... never click to "change password" or similar link in such emails. Just open directly the site from browser.
"You never know what you're gonna get" ... many times it's not about chocolates

Stupid me setup my docker controller with my cloud account however, I do have a 32 character password with 2FA enabled so hopefully that should be okay :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.